1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it and/or email it to us at email@example.com
3) Hashtag it with #inktober #inktober2021 and #artcentral
4) Repeat for the whole month of October.
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. Whatever you decide, just be consistent with it. Inktober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.
That’s it! Now go make something beautiful.
Send us what you create so we can publish an INKTOBER Virtual Gallery!
All you have to do is email us your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject INKTOBER entry and include your name, title if you have one, if you chose a prompt/which one, and your experience with Inktober!
Be sure to also post it on any social media account you want and tag us, or just post it on your refrigerator. The point is to share your art with someone. 🙂
Interested in learning how to ink?
Follow this link to find unique tutorials to help you jump-start INKTOBER!
Enter Your Art in ‘Imagine a Day Without Water’ Contest
Can you imagine what a day would be like without any water?
The City of San Luis Obispo Utilities Department invites community members to explore their imagination for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate.
For the first time, community members of all ages are invited to participate in the City’s annual ‘Imagine a Day Without Water’ art contest, which raises awareness about the importance of water. Winners of each age range will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local business (including us at Art Central) and have their artwork displayed on the City’s website and in downtown SLO at 879 Morro Street.
How to Enter
- Complete your artwork. (Original artwork only, please.)
- Fill out this entry form.
- Mail your artwork and completed form to 879 Morro Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 – OR – email your artwork and completed form to email@example.com no later than Oct. 21 at 5 p.m.
Many Americans take water for granted every day. Imagine a Day Without Water is a national education campaign that brings together diverse stakeholders to highlight how water is essential, invaluable, and in need of investment. This year, the day of action will take place on October 21, 2021, and will include events, resolutions, student contests, social media engagement, and more, all across the country.
For the complete rules for entry, please review the 2021 Imagine a Day Without Water Art Contest Entry Form.
Have you heard about our new sectional frame kits??
Available at Art Central in a sleek black metal or classic black wood in sizes ranging from 8″-30″
2. Slide an adjacent frame side onto the protruding corner plates and tighten with a screwdriver.
Repeat to create a U shape with three frame sides. Flip your frame right-side up.
4. Insert corner plates at both ends of the last frame side, slide it on and tighten the screws.
5. Flip the frame over and ensure all the corners meet well and are tight. Re-adjust the screws if necessary.
Done! Enjoy your framed artwork.
Don’t forget about Open Studio’s Art Tour happening this weekend and the next!
October 9th & 10th, and October 16th & 17th
Click HERE for more information and see our last blog for a virtual preview exhibit!